Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Birthday Frozen Treats!! C is Three!

Huge apologies for blogging and dashing! Its been quite a year and my goodness, time does fly. Again, in my attempts to renew a blogging commitment, I have some recipes for you.

C is my adorable youngest daughter and as you lovely parents of more than one child know, a mama does her best to simplify things as much as she can the second time around. There is just not enough time in the day! So out of this ambition came my embarrassingly easy recipe for a strawberry birthday sorbet for C. For her third bday, she is still very limited, though she does have 10 safe foods now! The recipe is simple, it is sweet, and it is very yummy! Enjoy!

"C is Three" with Strawberry Sorbet
8oz of frozen strawberries (we use organic, so when I find a good deal on them, I flash freeze a bunch to keep in the freezer for smoothies/popsicles, etc)
1/2cup 100% pure maple syrup.

Yup, that's it. I threw both ingredients in my tiny food chopper Ninja and mixed it up until everything was smooth. I did have to stir a bit after awhile (there were a couple pesky berries that did not want to be mixed in apparently!!) but after I stirred it and blended again, it was perfectly smooth. I then threw it in my handy dandy reusable sorbet container (C's are yellow lids and B's are raspberry colored lids) and froze it for a few hours. After that, it was pretty solid but because I am particular about my sorbet, I reblended and then refroze again to be eaten the next day (I think the more you reblend, the smoother and creamier the sorbet is-- I generally reblend sorbet 2-3 times, depending on whether or not it has an "icy" look to it. I do not like an icy look.)

It was a great dessert and scooped beautifully into the cutest little cups. Since we were doing a princess theme, I found these on clearance at Target and fell in love with them. They are very very sturdy and worked well for cupcake making as well as sorbet serving. The girls loved them and C was SOOO very thrilled with her birthday treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment